Well, we didn’t see this one coming. When Respawn teased Apex Legends fans a couple weeks ago about an incoming Solo mode, most, including me, thought that the Iron Crown Event would be only about ditching your teammates to try to take the throne all alone. Boy, were we ever wrong!
Respawn brought out the big guns for this update, even sponsoring streamers who have long-since returned to Fortnite, such as Dr. Lupo.
New to King’s Canyon is a popular mode in other Battle Royales. With players upset at having to play with random teammates, Solos has been introduced into Apex Legends with the Iron Crown Event. Players will now have to rely on only their ability to stay alive and take down other players to take the top spot. Expect to see a server full of Wraiths and Pathfinders if you decided to go it alone. This mode is aimed at bringing players back to the game who left for other BRs which included the mode.
A tweet from NVIDIA several hours before the event released showed a trailer in which Bloodhound was wielding a hatchet and decked out in full armor that would make a Roman Centurion blush.
To get the Heirloom, you’ll need, at most 20,300 Apex Coins. With no duplicates in the Iron Crown Event packs, you’ll have to open 24 packs at 700 Coins each. Once you’ve collected all of the epic and legendary items, you’ll be able to purchase the hatchet for an additional 3,500 Apex Coins. With EA access, it will cost between $150 and $200 to get the unique item. Compared to what most people experienced trying to get Wraith’s Heirloom (opening 500 packs before being given a mercy reward), this one looks cheap if rare cosmetics are your thing.
West Settlement now Octane’s Gauntlet of Fire
Certainly inspired by their X Games integration, a skate park, albeit a much deadlier one has popped up in West Settlement, the small town between Thunderdome and Airbase. It’s being called a “Town Takeover” and will continue to be in the game even after the limited-time event ends in a couple of weeks. Respawn has said that if players enjoy the experience, they will look into doing similar things in the future in other places on the map.
And, here are the exact patch notes relating to Weapons, Skins, Bugs, and so much more.
– Fixed issue where assigned challenges not resetting properly and giving rewards.
– Fixed bug causing incorrect calculation of Kill/Death Ratio in player stats.
– Fixed an issue where sometimes a Care Package would clip into map geometry.
– Fixed a bug that was sometimes showing Apex Predator ranked players RP as zero when viewing the badge in the Lobby.
– Fixed issue with players having connection issues when trying to join a squad that has already played a match.
– Fixed issue where Daily and Weekly Challenges would reset earlier than communicated in the game.
– [Xbox Only] Fixed bug where players would sometimes not receive “The Player” achievement when hitting level 50.
– Fixed a bug where sometimes Arc Stars would attach to players and some objects at a distance and appear to float off of them.
– Fixed bug where sometimes Arc Stars would not explode or do no damage when it detonates.
– Fixed issue with players sometimes unable to unlock the “Double Duty” Badge.
– Fixed bug where sometimes using a healing item while experiencing bad ping would cause them to heal for twice as much.
QUALITY OF LIFE
– Added a Death Recap to the end of match summary that will display a damage summary of your last battle.
– Improved the UI during the Match Summary to better show Battle Pass progression.
– Added In-game Survey
– While playing you may get a prompt that will pop up asking if you enjoyed the last match. This data will be helpful to us so please provide your input when you see it.
– Added option to spectate your squadmates after dying.
– Added option to “Invite Squad” in the Squad Tab.
– Players should no longer lose RP when experiencing a server crash or disconnect in Ranked Mode.
– Fixed issue where squadmates could not ping a friendly Wraith portal.
– Fixed issue where players could pull other players out of a match by joining them, and then joining another friend from the Lobby.
– Fixed issue where sometimes a player would get left behind from their squad in the Lobby after they enter a match.
– Fixed issue where players would sometimes get a “Party Not Ready” error message even though they were no longer in a party.
– Fixes that should improve overall game stability to reduce crashes.
Disruptor Rounds with Alternator:
– Reduced Shielded damage multiplier 1.7 -> 1.55.
– Designer Notes: Disruptor rounds on the alternator are shredding shields a bit too quickly and still proving to be stronger than intended, so we’re reducing the disruptor rounds multiplier on shield damage.
– Increased Magazine Size for all tiers to the following:
– Base: 16
– Common: 19
– Rare: 22
– Epic: 25
– Designer Notes: We’re giving the RE-45 a small boost in power by giving it one more round for every mag size. Downing a non-fortified enemy with the RE-45 with 0, 50, 75, and 100 shields requires 10, 14, 16, and 19 shots respectively, so this extra round gives the gun the ability to one-mag more armored enemies instead of leaving them barely alive.
– Increased vertical and horizontal recoil. Slightly increased recoil pattern randomness.
– Designer Notes: We’ve made these changes as we’ve seen that the R301 is a bit stronger than intended at long range. We’ve adjusted recoil to balance keeping it effective at medium to close range–which is the original intent–but it should be more difficult for players to auto fire and still laser enemies at long distances.
– Made adjustments to Pathfinder’s and Low-Profile Legends hitboxes.
– Taking shots to the hip now does torso damage instead of leg damage. This should more closely match the behavior of the other Legends.
– Fixed a bug where activating a healing item would cancel the Ultimate for Legends that need to prime it [Bangalore / Pathfinder / Caustic / Gibraltar / Bloodhound]
– Fixed an exploit where players would sometimes be able to still shoot while downed.
– Increased the distance that Bloodhound can see traversal clues left by other players [but not other kinds of clues] to 25 meters.
– Adjusted the area of effect for Bloodhound’s Tactical to 125 fov.
– Based on player feedback, we’ve reduced the “hum” audio that’s playing while using Wraith’s Kunai.
– Fixed issue where actions for Wrath would have a slight delay when her weapon is holstered and crouching or sliding while the kunai is equipped.
– Fixed an exploit that allowed players to remove the cooldown for Wraith’s Tactical Ability.
– Fixed bug where Mirage was able to stay invisible and still be able to shoot and melee when using his Ultimate on a zipline.
– Fixed bug where sometimes Octane’s Jump Pad would not launch the player.
To keep up-to-date with all the latest tips and news about Apex Legends, check out here. We’ll be bringing you guides and tricks to help you get more wins in both Solos and normal modes.