CHECK PLAYER RANK AND STATS
The Legendary Hunt update has arrived and with it the most comprehensive list of player-suggested implementations I have ever seen. If you’ve made a reasonable suggestion on reddit in the last month or two about fixes to improve the game, “competitive play”, rewards, or nearly anything else, there’s a good chance it was addressed in this patch. (maybe not totally fixed, but an attempt was made)
Probably the most anticipated addition to the game since Octane, the Legendary Hunt game mode, which features an “elite” queue was available to play yesterday for the first time. Some additional info is that the mode will now have an “optional queue”, a faster-closing ring (whether that means the ring closes sooner or if the actual speed is faster, I’ll be checking later today). The damage taken for being outside of the ring has been increased for this mode as well. And, lastly, players will be able to earn badges that keep track of how many wins they get in the elite competition.
Small buffs to Mirage’s ultimate, Caustic’s ultimate, and Pit’s loot pool should have players excited. Removing bunny-hop healing, the ability to have multiples of the same Legend in a squad, and removal of a player’s ability to access advantage-giving setting options are all welcome additions.
Here’s everything else Respawn had to say in their patch notes, posted to Reddit:
Lots going on with this patch so bear with the long post. Below is a breakdown of what’s available in the Legendary Hunt Event as well as patch notes for a collection of fixes and quality of life additions to Apex. Sorry again for the delay today, everyone and thanks for sticking with us.
June 4 – July 2
Make it to the Top 5 in any match, and earn your way into a select queue full of Top 5 winners. Then prove you’re the best of the best by taking them all down!
– The queue is optional. You can choose to play in the regular playlist at any time.
– The Ring closes faster and damage for out of bounds has been increased.
– Earn character specific badges that track Elite game wins.
– Players who have the Wild Frontier Battle Pass will automatically get the Legendary Honored Prey R-301 skin.
– Players who reach Battle Pass level 15 before the end of the event will get the Wraith Night Terror Legendary skin.
June 4 – June 18
Complete special in-game challenges to score free Legendary Hunt loot! Don’t lose sight of your prey – these rewards are event exclusive, and once it’s over, they’re gone for good.
– Legendary Hunt Badge – Finish in the Top 5 in any match. Tracks your longest Top 5 streak in the Elite Queue.
– Rare Wolfpack G7 Scout weapon skin – Finish in the Top 5 in an Apex Elite match.
– Epic Master of the Hunt Bloodhound Legend skin – Finish in the Top 5 in any queue five times (consecutive or nonconsecutive).
– Legendary Tamed Beast Triple Take weapon skin – Win twice in any queue (consecutive or nonconsecutive).
June 4 – June 18
Earn an entire Battle Pass level when you finish in the Top 5 in any match (once per day).
Friday June 7 at 10:00 a.m. PT – Monday June 10 at 10:00 a.m. PT
Score double level XP and Battle Pass XP all weekend long! Does not include the Battle Pass level earned from finishing in the Top 5 each day.
June 4 – June 18
New Legendary Hunt items will rotate into the shop every three to four days – these items are event limited, so they may be back, but no one can say when.
“Teamwork” and “Bonus Round” Badges
– We are working on a server side patch for these ASAP.
Playstation sign in bug for new players
– [affects Playstation only] There is an issue with some brand new players that do not already have an EA account linked to PSN being unable to sign into the game. We’re working a fix for this to get out ASAP.
– Thunderdome has had some small changes to loot placement, mostly around moving loose loot into bins for more visibility on where the loot is.
– The Pit has about 2x the loot in it
– Repulsor has loot bins added to the west side of the area, on top of the trapezoid buildings.
– Some loot added to the underground pit in the small town in Shattered Forest.
– Added voice over lines that will callout Jump Towers when you ping them. You can now ping the jump towers.
– Decreased the delay with items showing up in the menu when looting a Death Box.
– Mini Map direction will now display correctly while in the ship or skydiving.
– Improved server performance for some cases of rubberbanding when using items.
– Removed an exploit that allowed a squad to have more than one of the same Legend.
– Removed an exploit that allowed to “bunny hop” while healing.
– Fixed issue where players might “bounce” off your squad when breaking off during a skydive.
– Improved skydiving so it should feel more responsive and smooth.
– Thermite grenades now cause damage to doors.
– Squad Summary Page Improvements
– cursor support added.
– players can now mute/report players from this page.
– players can now report teammates that have disconnected.
– Caustic barrels can now be triggered or disabled by friendly teammates.
– Added cooldown [.5 seconds] before you can reuse the last zipline you were on.
– Pathfinder’s Grapple now has a blue crosshair indicator that will appear when the Grapple is in range of objects it can connect to.
– When grappling a zipline, the trajectory will now pull players to a point below the zipline rather than above. This makes it so players are more likely to connect with the zipline instead of flying over it.
– Made improvements to how weapon reticles and optics are displayed when playing with colorblind settings.
– Added colorblind support for threat vision scope and Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
– Removed the ability for players to change game settings not intended to be modified on a client level. Our intent is to prevent exploits like removing muzzle flash, disabling lighting, and other changes that give players an unfair competitive advantage.
– We’ve reverted the behavior of “Holster Weapons” so pressing that button while your melee weapon is out will no longer bring out your last primary weapon.
– Added ability to fully customize button layout for controllers.
– Added localized voice overs for all Legends that now supports:
– Fixed an issue where a player is unable to change their Party Privacy option.
– Fixed the extra sway from the G7 crosshair while moving
– Fixed bug where cloaked Mirage was too noticeable.
– Fixed a rare issue with using consumables while having a Caustic gas canister out.
– Fixed an issue where shield cells and shield batteries would sometimes appear to be permanently stuck to the player.
– Improved framerate when Sun shadow coverage is set High in Video options.
– Fixed issue with the Long Distance Kill Badge not displaying the correct max distance.
– Fixed issue with bad framerate when using Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
– Fixed players being crushed by opening or closing doors when climbing onto a roof just above the door.
– Fixed a crash related to model code.
– Fixed issue where player would crawl very fast in place.
– Fixed some rare cases of players getting stuck in geometry.
– Fixed issue where Octane’s Stim trail would still linger after death.
– Fixed cases where melee lunges could stop too far from their intended target.
– Fixed issue with players not receiving any XP for anything after a match and the Champion Bonus showing as -1XP.
– Fixed an issue where sometimes the audio and visual effects would not play when a weapon fires.
– Lots of minor fixes and polish to game stability and performance.
The post Apex Legends Patch Notes. The Legendary Hunt Update appeared first on DreamTeam Blog.
After a three-year hiatus, competitive gaming is making its return to the X Games schedule. The American sports network, ESPN, has just recently announced that esports will be coming back to the X Games this year. Apex Legends players will have a chance to qualify on Sa...
Respawn just released some information about what changes to expect from weapons when Season 2 drops on July 2 and it leaves us with more questions than answers. If the goal was to pique interest, they’ve gotten our attention. ; Before we add in their notes, let’s take ...
We’re just over two weeks away from the release of the newest legend into King’s Canyon. Wattson will be entering the arena for the first time as a combatant starting on July 2. So, let’s take a look at how we can expect players to use her and her unique kit. ; ...